Thursday, March 27, 2014

Six Inexpensive Ways to Look Fashionable for Spring (Spring Look Book)


Spring is here!!! This season is by far my favorite for so many reasons. There are the beautiful colors from the flowers, the sounds from the birds chirping and the weather is…well maybe it will warm up in a couple of weeks. Despite dealing with the last ends of this long brisk winter this should stop you from exploring new spring fashions. Expression through fashion is something that crosses from comfort to artsy in my wardrobe and being someone who is in a transitioning stage in my life affordability is also a key factor in being fashionable. I have composed a list of ideas that could help you piece together outfits for any occasion in a way that won’t send your budget flying like a kite. While reading this keep in mind that some of these items were purchased at an earlier date and I may not have all of the prices listed but most are here. With the steals that I have found over the years I’m sure you can find some that will be beneficial to your closet.

1.       Shop at off priced retailers: Those smaller stores such as TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, and Marshalls are just a few of the many stores that sell items normally found at department stores for a much higher price. This is a result of order cancelations over production and other factors that gives these stores the opportunity to sell items at a fraction of the price.

 
 
 
 
Dress: Ross- $10
Shoes: Rack Room- $25
Belt: Reused from another dress- $0
Earrings: Found at a street corner stand- $5

The ethnic printed dress and the gold heels were found at stores similar to the ones listed above. I recently bought the dress because of the print and the color but the structure made me look like a box. To fix that problem I took a belt from one of my older dresses and tied a corner of the dress in a knot. I then paired gold heels that I purchased last year and earrings from a street vendor.

2.       Go to thrift stores: Thrifting has become the trendy thing to do but I have been going to the thrift store with my mom for years. Some of the longest lasting items that I have were purchased at a thrift store. You can pay almost nothing for something that will add spice to your closet. It may take a while to find what you are looking for but once you do you will not be disappointed.
 
 
 
Skirt: Thrift store- $3.99
Camisole: JC Penney’s- $5.99
No sleeve cover: Borrowed from sister
Shoes:???
Earrings: Forever 21- $3.80
Necklace: Forever 21- $6.80
 
       I am in love with maxi skirts that have a flow to them and when I saw this skirt it was a no brainer to buy it. The price was also very pleasing. I just paired it with a camisole that I’ve had for many years and a sleeveless cover that I borrowed from my sister. Forever 21 has a great collection of fun inexpensive jewelry and whenever I’m there I tend to gravitate to that section to see what they have to accompany items in my closet. The shoes are also an item that I have had for many years but, for the life of me I can’t remember where they came from.
 
 
3.       Use items from other seasons: Because Spring comes after Winter I’m sure that you may still have your boots hanging around. The weather may be a little bipolar depending on where you live so it shouldn’t be a problem to mix pieces form other seasons. Boots with short dress or sweaters with skirts. It’s not only convenient but also fashionable.

 
 
Dress: Nordstrom Rack- $25
Boots: Rack Room- $40
Purse: LoveClothing.com-$12
 
This collection of items may seem a little pricey for a blog on extremely inexpensive fashion but because I am pairing items from different seasons, I am purchasing them all at different times. So if your budget is low, look in the back of your wardrobe and find those bits and pieces that you may have forgotten about. The black dress was somewhat of an impulse buy for me but the detailing in the front was what lured me to it. I feel that this dress can be casual or formal, for Winter or Summer it all depends on how you style. Combining it with the boots without tights is a great way to dress it down for Spring. The purse has more of a fall appeal but who cares if it’s look cute.

 
4.       Buy out of season: This may seem similar to the previous point but the best time to find cheap clothes for a season is when it’s out of season. Buy Spring/Summer clothes in the Fall/Winter, the stores are trying to sell what’s in season so in order to gain more room in the store they place the out of season items on the sale racks. That is a great time for you to take advantage of products that may be more expensive later.

 


Shirt: Rainbow- $4
Camisole: JC Penney’s- $5.99
Pants: Old Navy- $19.99
Shoes: Forever 21- $13
Purse: LoveClothing.com- $12

It was the end of Summer and I was with my sister helping her to find outfits for the upcoming school year. I spotted the leftover Summer clothes on the sale rack and I gravitated toward a denim shoulder cut off shirt with a tie in the front. I knew that it would be getting cold soon so it wouldn’t be useful for about seven months but I didn’t care because it was $4 which is a steal. In the picture I paired it with a camisole under and bright red jeans. The shoes are cheetah print sneakers and I am wearing the black purse from LoveColthing.com which was also on sale when I bought it. This ensemble has a very casual artsy feel for a day when you’re strolling in and out of galleries in your downtown area.
 
5.       Buy clothes that you can wear all year: When shopping for clothes I like to find items that will work for multiple seasons and for various occasions. This is how I get the most out of my purchases. As much as I love shopping sometimes it is just not in my finances to do so. There are certain colors and textures that are unique to seasons but there are ways to get around those social norms.

 
 
 


Shirt: Forever21- $12
Pants: Old Navy- $14.99
Sandals: Forever21- $9
Earrings: Homemade- $0
 
The shirt and pants in the collection are both made from textures that would be considered for Fall/Winter. The sweater texture from the shirt may seem to be a little warm for Spring but because it is short sleeved and is light in color, this makes for a perfect Spring item. Corduroy pants are usually seen in the colder seasons as well but these pants come in beautiful lavender color which is highly acceptable for this time of the year. Cute sandals and button earrings accompany this look well to pull off an outfit that you can wear any day.
 
6.       Wear what makes you happy:  In my opinion one of the reasons many people over spend while shopping is because they are trying to keep up with fashion trends. Trends come and go but your personal style is forever, said someone. If you dress the way you want to see yourself and not how everyone else wants to see you, happiness in how you feel about yourself will exude and spread to everyone else. Wearing whatever with confidence is the key.

 
 
 
 
Blazer: Forever 21- $24
Dress: Rue 21- $20
Boots: DTLR- $35
Necklace: Forever 21- $1.80
Ring: Forever 21- $3.80
Earrings: Homemade- $0
 
I’m wearing lace, boots with spikes, a cobalt blazer and girly jewelry but for me it all goes together and I feel free in this outfit. It’s me in every way imaginable, so find your own style and you will start to see that you don’t have to sell an arm and a leg to be fashionable.


Peace and Love

Natural_istic


http://expressivedelights.blogspot.com/2014/02/Fashion.html



 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome tips!! And cute outfits!!! Love the accessories!! :D

    <3

    ReplyDelete