Monday, March 31, 2014

MoonChild

 
 
Art is my escape. It transcends me to another world and all of my thoughts travel from my head to my hands. It is a way for me to visualize the mess that I call a brain. Even when I am making a piece for someone else a part of me lingers on with the creation. That is my favorite thing about creating. I am able to share myself with others in a way that for me is stronger than any words can express. Expression through colors, shapes, and movement that is what I live for. It is how I know that God is within and around me constantly, because without him I wouldn't be able to do it. The piece MoonChild embodies a very vital part of myself, the mysterious but curious side. My sun sign is in Cancer and although I do not use the zodiac as an important way of life, I do have strong characteristics commonly used when describing someone of this sign. This chalk creation is an ode to this side of myself. I come alive in the nighttime and when the moon is out you can find me up doing whatever most people do during the day. I've always been a night owl, loving the silence of the night and the beauty of he sky when lit up by the stars and moon. I try to appreciate the whole day but there is just something about the night and its not sinister at all but beautiful. Now if you mix in water you have me sold. The constant movement of it and how it just flows with the tide. This piece of art means to me that light doesn't just shine in the daytime but the real challenge is shining when everything is dark.
 
 
 
Peace and Love,

Natural_istic


No comments:

Post a Comment